Cultural diversity and the legal differences in Europe may lead to complex situations requiring resolution when you make a purchase abroad.
If you are resident in Spain and have had a problem with a transaction with a company which is registered in an EU Member State, Norway or Iceland, we can help you.
ECC Spain can mediate acting on your behalf when you have submitted a claim against a company and have not obtained a satisfactory solution. In these cases, we will try to reach an amicable solution between the parties.
We will handle your claim, with the collaboration of other European Centres, providing you with all the information in your own language.
But remember, this solution is only possible if both parties collaborate. The European Consumer Centres cannot force businesses to act, or intervene as legal representatives.
The European Consumer Centres are not competent:
- For complaints involving two private individuals.
- For complaints involving two traders.
- In case of fraud or providing redress.
- If you have already started a legal procedure/court procedure.
- If the trader has expressly refused to cooperate with the ECC-Net.
- If we cannot identify the trader.
- For specific investment products such as forex and binary options.
When it is not possible to reach an agreement, you can use other systems of Alternative Dispute Resolution or take your case to court: European small claims procedure.
If the consumer is normally resident in another EU Member State, Norway or Iceland and the claim is against a company with registered address in Spain, you should process the claim through the ECC of your country of origin.
Watch a video